After a long winter of strong snowstorms and cold, it is reassuring to know that spring is fast approaching, which means warmer weather! What better way to welcome spring than by spending your free time outdoors in the sunshine? Check out the Terrace Place Residents Top 5 Springtime Activities.
- Go for a walk – Walking is very important for your health and here at the Terrace Place we have a great walking trail. Walking can increase your energy, maintain your independence and even fight the symptoms of disease. Therefore, be sure to enjoy the warm weather and go for a walk. Don’t forget to take your furry friend for a stroll, as they need to enjoy this beautiful weather too!
- Spring time shopping – Spring is the perfect time to get out and shop. Visiting stores can boost your brainpower, lift your mood, and even burn calories. If you need a ride, you can schedule transportation within a five-mile radius of Terrace Place. Regularly scheduled outings and trips to the grocery store are also scheduled.
- Feed the birds – Once the birds start chirping, you know spring has arrived, and it also means they’re hungry! Feeding the birds is a great enjoyment and with 200 trees on campus, you’ll find birds no problem.
- Golfing – Golf is a great activity that our residents enjoy. North Park Golf Courses are open with daily operating hours of dawn to dusk, weather and conditions permitting.
- Decorate with a spring or Easter theme – It’s fun to mark the seasons with festive decorations. Personalizing your space for a holiday is a mood booster, when decorating you’re thinking of happier times. Decorating for spring also brings back great memories.
What fun activities will you be up to this spring?